Pysae is the first CAD/AVL solution to interface with the Hanover Displays PIS via an IP connection.
For over 35 years, Hanover has specialized in the design, development and manufacture of on-board electronic Passenger Information Systems (PIS) specifically designed for public transport.
A world-renowned player, the group has already supplied over 200,000 systems to many urban and intercity transport networks, and is present in over 75 countries. It offers the following information media: outdoor electronic weather vanes, indoor illuminated displays, multimedia screens, audible announcement solutions and Passenger Information Terminals (PITs).
<a id="anchor1" class="anchor"></a>
Why interface your CAD/AVL solution and PIS systems?
Traditionally, when drivers start their shifts, they have to perform multiple operations to initialize their business tools. This involves accessing the CAD/AVL console to start the driver assistance tool and then switching to the PIS console to activate the passenger information equipment. Additionally, they need to initialize other systems like ticketing. These multiple steps not only consume valuable time but also increase the chances of errors.
By leveraging the seamless interconnection between CAD/AVL and PIS systems, drivers now only need to log in once at the beginning of their day through the CAD/AVL system. This automatically connects them to their respective PIS, saving time during duty handover. Furthermore, this integration streamlines operations management by reducing errors and missed runs.
<a id="anchor2" class="anchor"></a>
The limits of conventional interconnection between CAD/AVL and PIS
Conventional interconnection methods between CAD/AVL and PIS systems have certain limitations that need to be addressed. Let's explore these limitations in detail:
- Wired communication makes installation complex, and communication with certain terminals, such as smartphones or tablets, impossible.
- Transmission methods with a single sender and receiver prevent multiple connections between CAD/AVL, PIS, ticketing systems, etc.
- The type of data exchanged does not make it possible to compensate for the increasing volume and nature of data exchanged (sound, video, etc.) between systems.
- The multiplication of Internet connections for each system increases operating costs and makes maintenance more complex.
In order to overcome these limitations, alternative approaches and technologies need to be explored to enable more efficient and seamless interconnection between CAD/AVL and PIS systems.
<a id="anchor3" class="anchor"></a>
Using IP protocol as an alternative to conventional connections
As an alternative to conventional connections, utilizing the IP (Internet Protocol) offers significant advantages for communication between on-board systems in buses and coaches. IP operates on wired networks using the Ethernet standard and wireless networks using the Wi-Fi standard.
By adopting IP for communication, the following limitations associated with conventional connections can be overcome:
- Wired or wireless connection as required
- Parallel communications between different systems
- Virtually unlimited types and volumes of data to be exchanged
- Shared Internet connection
Pysae, as the first CAD/AVL solution, offers an IP connector that integrates seamlessly with Hanover Displays systems. This integration aims to simplify in-vehicle installations and enhance scalability, leveraging the benefits of IP-based communication.
<a id="anchor4" class="anchor"></a>
How it works
An Ethernet/Wi-Fi router is deployed in the vehicle. It acts as a network interconnection point between all systems, providing a secure, reliable and shared Internet connection.
As this IP protocol network is totally neutral, it also provides the possibility of interconnecting equipment from all the systems integrated into the bus and coaches (ticketing, video surveillance, passenger counting, emergency call button, etc.).
The diagram below shows the non-wireless network interconnection architecture between Pysae and the various on-board business systems.
<a id="anchor5" class="anchor"></a>
The benefits of IP interconnection for your operation
Thanks to the newly developed and provided connector by Pysae, your operation will enjoy the benefits of a fully connected bus and a range of day-to-day advantages.
- Communication between all your on-board systems
- Scalable, modular architecture enabling future interconnection of hardware from other PIS and ticketing suppliers
- Cost savings thanks to shared Internet connections
- Secure data transmission between your various business tools
- Real-time supervision of Ethernet/Wi-Fi router via Web browser
- Shared IP service connection and connection to a single Android terminal for your drivers
<div class="div-block-1234 less_margin">
<p class="paragraph-73">Pysae, a leading provider of SaaS solutions for managing operations in the public transport sector, offers continuous support to its customers. We provide them with dependable and precise data on their operations, enhanced GPS navigation for bus drivers, and real-time information to enhance passenger experience.</p>
<a href="https://web.pysae.com/en/schedule-a-demo?utm_source=Website&utm_medium=Blog" class="button_success_p_plain w-button" style="margin-top: 15px">Book a demo</a>